Marriage at Saint Andrew’s
Congratulations on your engagement! We would be delighted to discuss the possibility of you being married at Saint Andrew’s. To be married at St.Andrew’s you need to either:
- Live within our parish.
- Be on our Electoral Roll.
- Or have a Qualifying Connection with the parish.
To have a Qualifying Connection with the parish one of you must:
- have been Baptised in the parish.
- had your confirmation entered in the Church Register
- had your usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months
- have habitually attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months.
or have a Parent who has at any time during your lifetime:
- had his or her usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months
- habitually attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months
or a Parent or Grandparent who was married in the parish.
Please click here to download an Initial Enquiry Form and click here to download a Banns Application Form. If you have a Qualifying Connection to the parish do mention this in your Initial Enquiry Form. Please complete the two forms and send them to:-
Saint Andrew’s Parish Office, Church Road,
Ham Common, Richmond, Surrey TW10 5HG
This is a very helpful website for planning your wedding and church ceremony – Your Church Wedding.
Every Minister is under a legal duty to be satisfied that you can lawfully marry in the parish before the marriage can take place or a firm date and time can be fixed for it. The minister will want to meet with you on several occasions to plan the ceremony. These will usually be weekday daytime meetings. In addition to this there will be an evening rehearsal near to the date of the wedding.
Many couples have benefited enormously from marriage preparation weekends organised by a charity called Engaged Encounter. These weekends are free (you are invited to make a voluntary contribution) and are great for couples who want their relationship to grow and deepen. They give an opportunity to think through possible areas of difficulty and how you will handle them positively as a couple.
To discover more about the Engaged Encounter weekends please click this link to their website: engagedencounter.org.uk