The Diocese of Southwark, as part of the Church of England, is committed to establishing an environment where:
– children and young people are nurtured and protected
– all people, and especially those who may be vulnerable for any reason, are able to worship and pursue their faith journey with encouragement and in safety
If you have information about a safeguarding situation where a child or adult is in immediate danger, or requires immediate medical attention, call 999.
If you do not think there is a risk of immediate harm, you should still report it. If you are concerned that a child or vulnerable adult is at risk of harm you should approach your local children or adult social care department.
You should inform our Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser about any case where a child or vulnerable adult appears to be at risk or where an adult appears to present a risk. You should inform them of any safeguarding concerns involving a Church Officer. A ‘Church Officer’ is anyone appointed/elected by or on behalf of the Church to a post or role, whether they are ordained or lay, paid or unpaid.
The diocesan safeguarding team is committed to responding to safeguarding concerns, providing advice, and supporting survivors. I am afraid that we are not able to offer an emergency or 24-hour response.
The Parish Safeguarding Advisor may be contacted via the St Andrew’s Parish Office.
The Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser maybe contacted on 020 7939 9423 (office hours), or 07982 279713 (out of hours)
If you wish to report any safeguarding concerns directly to the NST please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The diocese is committed to working in accordance with the national legal and procedural framework for safeguarding children and adults who may be vulnerable, and Church of England policy and practice
• The Diocesan policies and procedures provide protection for children and young people and adults who may be vulnerable in the diocese
• They provide staff and voluntary workers with procedures that they should adopt:
– to create a safe environment for children and young people and adults who may be vulnerable;
For further information please see the link below.
local authority child and adult services:-